Saturday, August 13, 2011

Productive Weekend

Well everyone, it's been a productive Saturday.  I completed my electric dehydrator, although I will be adding a fan at a later date as an upgrade.  I had some salvaged 3/4" plywood from an old storage unit they were throwing out at the shop, so I figured I would put it to good use.  The plywood was cut to 16" by various sizes.  It is not perfectly square, but then again, it doesn't have to be.  I simply built a box and attached a door to the front with a couple hinges and a hook to keep it closed.  I then installed a light fixture in the bottom and put in a 150w bulb.  The tray supports were cut from left over 1 x 3 from the renovations.  I bought some 13" foil pizza pans to use for trays.  All in all it cost me about $15 at the hardware store.  The rest I had on hand.



The garden area will have to wait for some other projects.  Tomorrow, weather permitting, I have some trees close to the house to remove and a kindling / tinder box to build near the back door. 

Don't forget to join me Sunday evening at 9PM central on the Prepper Podcast Radio Network for episode 5 of Movin' On Out for a discussion on food dehydrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment