Sunday, March 27, 2011

This Weekend's Project

This weekend, I attacked one of the two remaining cedars.  Believe it or not, this took me most of an afternoon.  There are two reasons for this...first, the pull cord on my chainsaw kept messing up and had to be rewound 4 or 5 times.  Second, large cedars have lots of offshoots, making it more like 7 or 8 trees.  Check out the base of the last one that I will be taking down soon.


A little further up, you really get to see how many trunks it splits into...


You get a lot of brush from one of these trees too...





Two tools of the trade, my 16" Homelite and a 30" Stanley bow saw...




This is how much firewood I got from 2 trees...



And quite a few fence posts too...


Here is a look at the bow saw blade...quite aggressive.


I'll be getting rid of the stumps once the ground thaws...


Well folks, temperatures dropped off quite a bit on Sunday, so I just gathered a bit of kindling from last year's brush pile and kept warm by the fire.  We'll be back next week for the last tree...you know, the one tangled in the power lines.  
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment